If there’s one thing you should know about me, it’s that I love cheese. And when I say I love cheese, I mean it. It’s not just some sort of casual fling. No. It’s more like a passionate love affair.
But I’m not satisfied with just any ol’ cheese. It has to be GOOD cheese. Cheese that you know took time to develop the sharp flavor that my mouth enjoys so much. I think my favorite is Extra Sharp Cracker Barrel cheddar cheese with thinly sliced pieces of sour granny smith apples. If I’m really feeling saucy I may even drizzle a little bit of hot honey over the top. Mmm!
Last night, however, Joe satisfied my cheese fix. He made us Five-Cheese and Tuna Paninis. I can recall four of the cheeses: Feta, sharp cheddar (Tillamook, I think), parmesan and cream cheese. He then mixed an avocado, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, kosher salt and pepper into the chunk light tuna.
Then onto the Panini maker. Agh, all the cheeses melted together and the Trader Joe’s wheat sourdough bread got crusty on the outside but remained moist and soft on the in. It really was a treat of a sandwich.
p.s. If you live in the L.A. area you must try YogurBerry. Yes, some call it the poor man’s PinkBerry – I call it Yummy in My Tummy! I like strawberry frozen yogurt topped with fresh strawberries, kiwi and semi-sweet choco chips. Somehow it’s low cal. Genius.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Pass the Cheeeeese Pleeeeease
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
What about sharp provolone,girl?
Post a Comment