Is any one single household appliance greater? My Crock Pot sets me free! Yesterday before I went to work (you could totally do it the night before too) I threw some mushrooms, baby carrots and some of those cute little red-skin potatoes in the Crock Pot, then put a chunk of eye-of-round beef seasoned with garlic salt and pepper on top of the veggies.
I then poured about a ½ can of chicken stock into the pot and turned the heat on low. Joe usually goes home for lunch during the day and always reports back to me the way the whole house is full of the wonderful aromas emerging from the magical Pot.
By the time we got home from work around 5:30 the meat was so succulent it was nearly falling apart and the veggies were cooked to perfection. I love, after a long day, just sitting down to a slow-cooked, hearty meal within minutes of returning home.
Since the Crock Pot contents were a meal in itself, we simply toasted some Trader Joe’s wheat sourdough bread and put some Greek feta cheese on top. I used my bread as a dipping tool to soak up all the delicious cooking juices.
I had my dinner in a bowl, kinda like a stew. Joe wanted his on a plate, separated. Could there possibly be a better meal to accompany an all-new episode of Deal or No Deal? Yea, didn’t think so.
And just for the record, I HATE THAT SHOW, but somehow I’m drawn into watching – thinking one day the contestant will find the friggin $1 million case.
The meat made for a great lunch the next day.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
All Hail the Mighty Crock Pot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'll send you Mrs. Dennis' chicken recipe.
Post a Comment