I recently spent two days in Las Vegas for a trade show I was attending at the Hilton Hotel. Though I was there by myself, I knew I had to take advantage of the celebrity chef restaurants that litter the city of lights. I chose Spago -- Wolfgang Puck's swank eatery located within the Forum Shops at Caesars.
The service really was impeccable. After being seated, my waiter quickly arrived with an overflowing platter of fresh artisan breads for me to choose from. I finally decided on the cracked wheat sourdough and an airy rosemary fresh baguette. The bread was served with a plate of rosemary-infused extra virgin olive oil, fresh ground pepper, coarse salt and a pad of butter.
Though initially I was set on ordering a glass of their pinot noir, once I read the cocktail list I couldn't refuse. The sparkling wine, fresh muddled raspberries and lemon sour drink was a real treat.
Trust me, it was nearly impossible to decide on a main course. Yet I FINALLY decided on the potato encrusted bass, served on a bed of grated cucumbers, zucchini and carrots. The bass was kept so incredibly moist and tender by the browned, shredded potato crust. The veggies had been marinated in a light lemon-based sauce that really brought out their flavor.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Wolfgang Puck's SPAGO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
hey k-spot.
i linked you up days ago, girl. hells yeah.
i just watched a chefography episode on the food channel about mr. puck. he's rad! yummmmmm. yr food looks good. miss u. xoxo, cam
Post a Comment