Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Grilled Chicken Parmesan (With Feta Instead!)

Tired of the same ol’ grilled chicken, I decided to change things up a bit and created a new spin on the classic Chicken Parm. Traditionally a rather heavy dish, I wanted to lighten things up and prepare the meat on the grill.

After digging through my pantry for a few minutes, I found some great ingredients to make my chickie vision a reality. I first dunked the two chicken breasts in buttermilk then dredged them through lemon pepper breadcrumbs I had on hand from Whole Foods.

After they were fully coated, I lightly brushed them with extra virgin olive oil so they would crisp up on the grill. Cooking chicken slowly, on a low heat ensures it will remain moist and delicious.

After removing the chicken from the grill, I topped it with large chunks of Greek feta cheese, Trader Joe’s basil/tomato sauce, capers and lightly-toasted pine nuts. It really was a great alternative to the mundane grilled chicken.

0 comments: