
I’m in love with Sur La Table. My mom and I visited the LA location, which is in the heart of the legendary Farmer’s Market at 3rd and Fairfax. I’d love to work at this place—dishin’ out sweet kitchen gear to all the foodies.
Among several other purchases, the grandest of them all was a pizza stone that is safe to use right on your barbeque. Brilliant. Joe and I made this: 
Yea, that’s right. We started with whole wheat pizza dough (making it from scratch is a snap too, check back for that recipe) and covered half with marinara sauce and the other half with basil pesto. From there we added some grated and fresh mozzarella cheese, red and yellow bell peppers, heirlooms, toasted pine nuts and prosciutto.
Sliding the toppings-loaded dough onto the stone was made much easier with a large pizza peel. The crust was perfectly crisp, all the cheese got nice and gooey and the prosciutto crisped up quite well.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
That’s Amoré
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
hey kara, your mom gave me your blog link. I love it! seeing all your pics and reading the entrys made me hungry. Im not much of a chef but i try. I had fun visting with your mom and grandma and grandpa. i miss you and hope to see you soon!
love always
elena
Post a Comment