Thursday, March 13, 2008

...Right Back Where She Started From

My mom's in town! This means one thing -- we will be doing A LOT of cooking in the next few weeks. I picked her up from LAX last night around 10 and had a "big spread" (as my Papa would say) prepared for her when we returned home.

Whenever I go back home to Michigan, regardless of what time my flight lands, my mom always has a gourmet meal waiting for me. Needless to say, I felt the pressure to perform.

Last night I made a version of caprese salad where I took an heirloom baby tomato, a fresh basil leaf and a balsamic vinegar-marinated fresh mozzarella ball and stuck them all on a toothpick.

Also, I rolled a cucumber skewer, feta cheese and fresh ground pepper up in tissue paper thin prosciutto slices.

We also had mini kiwis (a must-try, Trader Joe's), strawberries and almonds.

Welcome home, mom!

0 comments: