
This past weekend Joe and I made the great escape to Catalina Island, about 20 miles off the coast of Southern California. We camped on a bluff, overlooking the Pacific Ocean – breathtaking.
We stayed in a little area called Two Harbor, it’s fairly primitive with only one restaurant and a general store. Knowing this, we decided to pack pb&j lunches and a bunch of snacks. Our first morning, as we were getting ready to explore the lush island on our bicycles, I realized I was pretty hungry. So, rather than being less than satisfied with a granola bar and banana we decided to try the one and only restaurant.
Let me tell you, it’s a good thing we did! We discovered a hidden treasure that day. What appeared to be nothing but a little breakfast cafĂ© on the beach, turned out to serve the best breakfast bagel sandwiches we had ever tasted. And keep in mind, Joe and I are both quite the breakfast sandwich connoisseurs.
The Two Harbors eatery toasted the everything bagel to perfection. Then, the bacon was crispy (as ordered) but certainly not burnt. The egg was cooked over-medium – a near impossibility at most breakfast joints. Then, the cheddar cheese was melted over the egg and bacon, making a gooey masterpiece. As if that wasn’t amazing enough, these fresh sandwiches were delivered to our table within 5 minutes of ordering…pure genius.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
A Catalina Kind of Valentine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment